Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pretty Little Branch

You are such a beautiful strong tree.
I am a branch on your tree
I flow gracefully in the wind,
I am attached to the most beautiful tree on earth.
We are happy.

The winds come along and they are brisk,
The winds pick up and storms come;
I break off from you,
I am terrified.

I am on the ground,
Someone comes along and picks me up,
I nestle with other fallen pieces of you,
I am fire for a moment
The fire hurts as I burn.

I am smoke
Billowing up through a dark tunnel.
I am in the air
Flowing along gracefully again
I am the wind
Caressing your beautiful branches.
We are happy.

4 comments:

শ্রীশুভ্র said...

A prette little poem!
From a real big poet!
What an imagery!
And this tremendous urge to remain! Remain in any form to live on and on!
This is the reality!
The essence of life!

Great poem Beverly!

শ্রীশুভ্র said...

Sorry dear!
A typing mistake!
It is pretty!

Bebbilane said...

Thank you Suvra...I have one I want you to read... tell me if you like it...let me send it to you.

শ্রীশুভ্র said...

Well my dearest poet!
Send it soon! Waiting eagerly!