Monday, May 28, 2012

Swinging

I am soaring over the crowds in a burlesque show,
High above all; swinging on my swing.
I remember the fascination the first time I saw one of those at a restaurant in Houston.
I remember wondering what it would be like to be one of those beautiful ladies,
In their fancy clothes,
Just swinging above the crowds,
No one talks to the lady on the swing,
She just swings eloquently back and forth,
Smiling and swinging, swinging and smiling,
Standing and dipping,
Twirling and flipping.
Sometimes singing…
Who thought of this?
Why?
It’s lovely.
I remember it, and I know I did it before.
Let me tear back the veil by swinging high above the crowds,
Let me be naked to the world floating high above the clouds,
Let me stand, swing and shine,
For all eternity.

2 comments:

Dr. Dave said...

Swing high, sweet chariot...such freedom and unequivocal exuberance being the one on the swing. No mask, no fear. Only boldness to be all you wish to be...in the moment. I want to meet you there. I want to share your breathtaking fearless moment. It makes me feel alive.

Bebbilane said...

Dave! You are here...witnessing..every moment...and every Zombie Walk...and Parade... and always!! :) Thank you for being my friend.