Friday, January 7, 2011

The Dream of Pizza and Togetherness

I came to the door. It was unlocked and I just walked in. I am not sure why I did this but it felt very natural to me. I had a box of pizza in my hand. The box was large, white and held a tray of pizza. Pizza like what you would get at Frenchies or somewhere like that. It was the generic flimsy cheap box with no writing on it and lots of grease staining the bottom. It was a cheese pizza.


The entry foyer was rectangular and the stairs were along the wall. The walls were white. There was a hand rail and no carpet, just flooring. At the top of the stairs was a hall that went off to the right and one door at the end of the hall. You came out and glided down the hall and half way down the stairs.

You were into yourself. You looked like a robot and looked very self absorbed. When you looked up about half way down the stairs, you were startled that I had been so bold as to just walk in. You stared at me and changed into something else. You were not angry so much as surprised and taken aback. I was extremely embarassed that I had just walked in like that. It wasn't in my nature to do that and I was so shocked at my boldness. You were very kind. We walked up the stairs, you in front of me.

By the time we got up to your place, you were back to being yourself. It was like we had known each other forever. We were very comfortable with each other. I was excited to be there and to talk to you. You were happy that I was there too. I set the pizza on your table which was cluttered with things. You had organized clutter and the place felt warm with your presence and your essence. I was looking forward to having pizza with you. We were happy.

We talked a lot and tinkered with things you were working on. You showed me so much about you and your life. The time went by fast.

I woke up before the dream was over. I never got to eat the pizza with you.

I lay there for a while and felt at peace. I drifted back into a restful sleep.

No comments: